[xwiki-devs] [ANN] Moving to new SVN server Tuesday 2nd of October 2007
vincent at massol.net
Wed Sep 26 11:56:02 UTC 2007
Hi XWiki committers,
We're moving to a new SVN server on the 2nd of October 2007 (afternoon).
I'll make the OW SVN read only on the 2nd morning. This means that
you'll need to check out again once the move is done.
If you have uncommitted files you can simply copy them (without
the .svn directories of course) over the new checkout and that'll
Let me know if you have any issues with this move.
The benefits of this move:
- newer SVN server version (1.4*) (compared to 0.8 on OW I think).
This means less bugs, perf improvements, support for "new" features
- more availability for those working in the wee hours or in the US
(the OW SVN server is down for a few hours every night)
- ability to quickly move to newer version (when 1.5 is out, we'll
want to move to it to support the new SVN merge tracking feature for
- HTTP/HTTPS protocol support. This will make it VERY easy to use (SVN
+SSH is always difficult) and will allow us to have a single trunks
for our svn:externals
- ability to host other XWiki-friend projects (like WikiModel,
Curriki, etc). For curriki this will mean having its own repository,
separate from XWiki, which makes sense IMO.
More information about the devs