[xwiki-devs] [xwiki-users] XWiki Logo Challenge, Round 2

Fabio Mancinelli fabio.mancinelli at xwiki.com
Tue Apr 13 09:41:02 UTC 2010

On Apr 13, 2010, at 11:29 AM, Guillaume Lerouge wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 00:41, Ludovic Dubost <ludovic at xwiki.com> wrote:
>

>> +1 for 4A
>>
>> and I'm at this point very -1 on 16 because of the W which has a missing
>> arm..
>> I can't read XWiki in it..
>>

> I'd like to react about this: at this stage I share Ludovic's feeling. I had
> people from outside the project look at the 16 logo and they weren't able to
> read "XWiki" in it. I'm afraid that while stylistically interesting, this
> logo is too unreadable for mainstream use - unless we don't expect anyone to
> understand the XWiki logo that is.
>
> I'm feeling pretty close to giving it a -1 too if its readability isn't
> improved. I know I might be going against the flow here but we're about to
> make a significant choice here and I don't want us to regret it.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Guillaume

I share your opinion... Besides the fact that I don't like it because it's miles away from the "web 2.0" style that I think we tend to.
It would be good if our style was "geeky-oldschool" but I don't think it's the case.
But this is a personal and questionable opinion.

The fact is that me too, at a first glance, I can't read XWiki in it and I have to make an effort in order to "see" XWiki written in that logo.

My 2 cents,
Fabio