[xwiki-devs] Search Suggest Feature Feedback (was Re: [Vote] Postpone XE 3.0M3 release to Wednesday, March 2)

Vincent Massol vincent at massol.net
Thu Mar 3 13:24:28 UTC 2011

On Mar 3, 2011, at 1:47 PM, Jerome Velociter wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Marius Dumitru Florea
> <mariusdumitru.florea at xwiki.com> wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> It looks like we need a few more days to finish the
>> http://lists.xwiki.org/pipermail/devs/2011-February/021938.html and to
>> integrate the user status feature (Sergiu, what's the status on this?)
>> thus I propose to reschedule the 3.0M3 release for Monday, March 7th. As
>> for the rest of the dates, I'd like to move the 3.0RC by one week and
>> keep the 3.0 final unchanged:
>>
>> 3.0RC1: 21th of March
>> 3.0 Final: 28th of March
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> +1
>
> It will allow me to do some tuning on the search suggest feature.
>
> BTW, I could use some feedback on the feature (before or after the
> release). Ideally I would like to have it activated by default for 3.0
> final, but it may requires some more iterations.

Just tried it. Some preliminary comments:

* I typed "Web" and I only got 1 webhome listed (the annotation one). I was expecting to see them all
* In Document Name section only titles are printed. It's impossible to see the space name, the page name so when you type "Web" and you get several results you cannot choose
* I got several attachments like http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/download/AnnotationCode/AnnotationConfig/AnnotationsSectionIcon.png I have no clue what's the relationship with "Web"?
* Very annoying: the suggest disappears after a few seconds, no leaving you enough time to read it. It should never disappear IMO (unless you hit escape for ex).

> Jerome.
>

>> Thanks,
>> Marius
>>
>> On 02/28/2011 01:16 PM, Marius Dumitru Florea wrote:
>>> Hi devs,
>>>
>>> The XE 3.0M3 release was planned for today but I'd like to postpone it
>>> to Wednesday, March 2, because there are many selenium tests failing,
>>> and, at least for the WYSIWYG editor, fixing them is not easy. I propose
>>> to keep the dates for the 3.0 RC and final unchanged:
>>>
>>> 3.0RC1: 14th of March
>>> 3.0 Final: 28th of March
>>>
>>> Here's my +1
>>>
>>> Thanks,