[xwiki-devs] Investigation: App Within Minute

Ludovic Dubost ludovic at xwiki.com
Thu Mar 3 13:43:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

In the 3.0 Roadmap we had an investigation for the "App within minute"
feature, which Thibaut Camberlin volunteered to work on.
I've reviewed his work and we now have something ready for review by the
community.

When using XWiki for development of form based application what I and
others have found out, is that it's incredibly fast to create a simple
application when you know which steps to perform (create a class, create
a sheet, create a template, create a livetable, etc..). Quite quickly
you have a functionnal application.

The objective of "App within minute" is to bring XWiki Application
development to non technical users of XWiki. We want to allow an XWiki
administrator to create a simple form based application in just a few
minutes without to have to "know" the steps but simple by following
simple configuration screens.

Here is the proposal and an associated action plan:

http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/ApplicationWithinMinutes

The next steps are:

- review by the community
- UI proposals by Caty

Please send your feedback on the review so that Caty's work on the UI
can be planned.

Thanks
Ludovic

--