[xwiki-devs] Status of Investigations in 3.0 Roadmap

Ludovic Dubost ludovic at xwiki.com
Thu Mar 3 13:50:47 UTC 2011

In the 3.0 roadmap there was the following investigations planned (a bit
ambitious):

- App within minute - Investigation (thibaut, gregory)
- Improved page loading - Investigation - (nobody)
- IE6 support drop - Investigation (Greg + Ciprian ?)
- Icon theme editor - Investigation (Greg + Caty ?)
- LDAP admin section - Investigation (Greg + Thomas ?)
- XEM HomePage&  Workspace - Investigation (Greg + Fabio + Caty ?)

The current status is that:

A proposal has been just sent for:
- App within minute - Investigation (thibaut, gregory)

There was a commit for a simple LDAP admin section by Jerome in 3.0 but no investigation:
- LDAP admin section - Investigation (Greg + Thomas ?)

If I'm correct, nothing yet has been done for:
- Improved page loading - Investigation - (nobody)
- IE6 support drop - Investigation (Greg + Ciprian ?)
- Icon theme editor - Investigation (Greg + Caty ?)
- XEM HomePage&  Workspace - Investigation (Greg + Fabio + Caty ?)

I will try to work a bit on
- Improved page loading - Investigation - (nobody)
- XEM HomePage&  Workspace - Investigation (Greg + Fabio + Caty ?)

before the 3.0 cycle is over (very soon) and I suggest will include all of them in the review for the 3.1 roadmap.
I don't think we will keep as many investigations as we need to make sure we achieve the objectives we set.

Feedback welcome

Thanks
Ludovic

--