[xwiki-devs] Status of Investigations in 3.0 Roadmap

Fabio Mancinelli fabio.mancinelli at xwiki.com
Thu Mar 3 14:04:26 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Ludovic Dubost <ludovic at xwiki.com> wrote:

> In the 3.0 roadmap there was the following investigations planned (a bit
> ambitious):
>
> - App within minute - Investigation (thibaut, gregory)
> - Improved page loading - Investigation - (nobody)
> - IE6 support drop - Investigation (Greg + Ciprian ?)
> - Icon theme editor - Investigation (Greg + Caty ?)
> - LDAP admin section - Investigation (Greg + Thomas ?)
> - XEM HomePage&  Workspace - Investigation (Greg + Fabio + Caty ?)
>
> The current status is that:
>
> A proposal has been just sent for:
> - App within minute - Investigation (thibaut, gregory)
>
> There was a commit for a simple LDAP admin section by Jerome in 3.0 but no
> investigation:
> - LDAP admin section - Investigation (Greg + Thomas ?)
>

> If I'm correct, nothing yet has been done for:
> - Improved page loading - Investigation - (nobody)
> - IE6 support drop - Investigation (Greg + Ciprian ?)
> - Icon theme editor - Investigation (Greg + Caty ?)
> - XEM HomePage&  Workspace - Investigation (Greg + Fabio + Caty ?)

Not quite right.
For Workspaces we (me and Eduard) have published something here:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/Workspaces

A message announcing this was also sent to the list
(http://markmail.org/message/rtui6mg3np2w3ije) but so far no feedback
has been received.

I think that it is a quite good overview of the Workspace
functionality which probably needs to be integrated and refined by
taking into account community feedback.

Thanks,
Fabio