[xwiki-devs] Back to the future of XWiki !

Vincent Massol vincent at massol.net
Fri Mar 4 13:58:36 UTC 2011

Just a quick mail to say that I agree a lot with what Andreas said in his mail: I also think we need to do tech marketing a lot more (but it's everyone's duty to do so, not specifically Ludovic's):

* have xwiki talks at more conferences (by xwiki devs and by users)
* have more blogs about xwiki out there
* have more articles on xwiki
* have books on xwiki ;)
* have xwiki installs at more known forges (we're already on ow2): apache, codehaus, etc
* have xwiki in standard linux distributions
* move to github for easier forking/contributions
* push xwiki artifacts to central
* make xwiki more easily reusable by other projects to spread the brand: that's what we're doing with XWiki Rendering and XWiki Commons

I also agree that I'd prefer to see way more stabilization of the xwiki platform (polishing, bug fixes, improvements of existing features) rather than add lots of new features.

But I know Ludovic is aware of that and it's our collective duty (everyone here: devs, users, contributors) to balance stabilization vs new features.

>>> Ludovic