[xwiki-devs] Extension Manager status for 3.0M3

Ludovic Dubost ludovic at xwiki.com
Sat Mar 5 11:55:51 UTC 2011

Hi Thomas,

I'm trying to get up to speed with the Extension Manager.

Did you manage to get this done or is it still in the works ?
If it's there, how can we test the feature and current status ?

Also I'd like to propose that we put a few things in place for the
Extension Manager feature:

1/ An action plan on this page:

http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/ExtensionManager

We do have a lot of Use Cases, but we don't know the priority of each
and which one are worked one/already done.
The "Gadgets Action Plan" is a good example (although it's not up to date):

http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/Gadget+Scenarios+Prioritized

One we have an action plan, I'd like to review it and make sure we
haven't forgotton:

- which work is needed to wire the feature for "end-users"
- platform work (have a respository available)
- sample extensions (have some sample extensions in the repository)

2/ Build a test plan so that Sorin can test the new feature and verify
it corresponds to the objectives

What do you think ?

Ludovic

--