[xwiki-devs] Redesign of Download page (was Re: [Proposal] Optional Contact Form in the download page)

Denis Gervalle dgl at softec.lu
Sun Mar 6 01:59:26 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 00:02, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
<valicac at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 17:09, Sergiu Dumitriu <sergiu at xwiki.com> wrote:
>
> > On 03/05/2011 03:18 PM, Denis Gervalle wrote:
> > > +1, Great ! but...
> > >
> > > Should not the feedback form be also accessible without triggering a
> > > download ?
> > > I can imagine that you can want to came back to it later, and it will
> > > trigger the download again, which is not expected.
> >
> > +1, not everybody that downloads the software wants to give feedback,
> > but definitely not everybody that wants to give feedback started by
> > downloading it.
> >

> If you remove all params - you are left with
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Feedback

Nice, why not do we put a link inside XWiki itself to this feedback page,
with a params declaring which exact product we are in ?
On the default Home Page, or in a default panels, or in the Admin
application ?
That could be more natural to download, try and finally provide feedback
IMO.

Denis

> Thanks,
> Caty