[xwiki-devs] Editing dashboards: "view" mode or "edit" mode? ( was Re: Testing Dashboards in 3.0 snapshot )

Ludovic Dubost ludovic at xwiki.com
Tue Mar 8 19:53:13 UTC 2011

My proposal about using view mode is not to be in "edit" mode automatically.
My proposal is to have the "edit" button maybe more visible as well as
"Add Widget", and more importantly to have the "edit" button not load
the "inline" mode, but load in place.
Most importantly the "save" buttons don't mean anything as adding a
gadget adds an XWiki object and is permanent. Same with moving and
removing gadgets. That changes the object right away.
So we need to "remove" the "save" actions as they won't mean anything.

Ludovic

--
Ludovic Dubost
Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/