[xwiki-devs] REST API usage

Guillaume Lerouge guillaume at xwiki.com
Thu Mar 10 15:14:55 UTC 2011

Side topic: I'll get some feedback tomorrow from an XWiki users and how
they're using the REST API to expose XWiki data in a portal.

Here's some of the feedback I got:

   - When retrieving the content of a page from REST, we get source content
   (wiki syntax) -> il would be nice to be able to get HTML-rendered content
   too
   - We'd need to provide some high-level services from REST -> for instance
   a REST resource that sends back the whole arborescence of the wiki (right
   now you have to retrieve every space, then every page of every space one by
   one)

Guillaume