[xwiki-devs] Message Stream (aka User Status) needs for final 3.0 release

Vincent Massol vincent at massol.net
Thu Mar 10 18:22:36 UTC 2011

On Mar 10, 2011, at 6:53 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:

> On 03/10/2011 12:22 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>> I think there are 2 things we absolutely need in the message stream
>> (user status) implementation before we can release 3.0 final, ie so
>> that it can be put in production:
>>
>> * Ability to filter user statuses per wiki. On a XEM install a user
>> status sent in a given subwiki shouldn't leak to another subwiki.
>> This is required for example for myxwiki.org.
>
> K, but I didn't do anything to customize the wiki filtering, that part
> was supposed to be handled already by the main {{activity}} code. I just
> added more constraints on messages. If events do leak, then it's a bug
> in the activity macro. Did you test it and encountered this problem?

No I don't have an instance to test it but 'd like to upgrade myxwiki to 3.0M3 tomorrow and I wanted to be sure it's working since you mentioned that filtering wasn't working for message stream. If it's working then great.

>> * Ability to remove a given user status. Imagine that we upgrade
>> xwiki.org or myxwiki.org to 3.0M3 and someone registers and send a
>> user status with some spam content... We wouldn't be able to remove
>> it (except by having to go to the DB).
>
> K, I already added the method to the Java component. But currently only
> the author has the right to remove it, since there's no way to check if
> a user has admin rights from components. It can be done via a script
> with PR.

I didn't see a way for a user to remove a message. Can you confirm it's possible from the UI?

Good to know that at least we have a workaround by writing a script in a page.