[xwiki-devs] Message Stream (aka User Status) needs for final 3.0 release

Sergiu Dumitriu sergiu at xwiki.com
Fri Mar 11 14:23:17 UTC 2011

On 03/10/2011 07:22 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2011, at 6:53 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
>
>> On 03/10/2011 12:22 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>>> I think there are 2 things we absolutely need in the message stream
>>> (user status) implementation before we can release 3.0 final, ie so
>>> that it can be put in production:
>>>
>>> * Ability to filter user statuses per wiki. On a XEM install a user
>>> status sent in a given subwiki shouldn't leak to another subwiki.
>>> This is required for example for myxwiki.org.
>>
>> K, but I didn't do anything to customize the wiki filtering, that part
>> was supposed to be handled already by the main {{activity}} code. I just
>> added more constraints on messages. If events do leak, then it's a bug
>> in the activity macro. Did you test it and encountered this problem?
>
> No I don't have an instance to test it but 'd like to upgrade myxwiki to 3.0M3 tomorrow and I wanted to be sure it's working since you mentioned that filtering wasn't working for message stream. If it's working then great.

I didn't do any explicit filtering for messages, but the basic filters
for generic events are still in place. For example, this is why on a
user's profile page, only messages from that user are displayed (the
event.user condition is inherited from the {{activity users="X"}} filtering.

>>> * Ability to remove a given user status. Imagine that we upgrade
>>> xwiki.org or myxwiki.org to 3.0M3 and someone registers and send a
>>> user status with some spam content... We wouldn't be able to remove
>>> it (except by having to go to the DB).
>>
>> K, I already added the method to the Java component. But currently only
>> the author has the right to remove it, since there's no way to check if
>> a user has admin rights from components. It can be done via a script
>> with PR.
>
> I didn't see a way for a user to remove a message. Can you confirm it's possible from the UI?

No, not yet, but I'm working on it.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/