[xwiki-devs] [xwiki-notifications] r35662 - platform/xwiki-applications/trunk/administration/src/main/resources/XWiki

Sergiu Dumitriu sergiu at xwiki.com
Thu Mar 17 09:21:47 UTC 2011

On 03/17/2011 07:11 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi Sergiu,
>
> Isn't it wrong for the Admin app to depend on the XE application?
>
> IMO the attachmentselector app should be in another app on which the Admin depend on, and the XE app should depend on the Admin app, not the other way around

I agree, and I tried to think of a way to not introduce this dependency,
while at the same time not creating a horde of new small modules/jiras.

Administration already depends on XE, and has been for a long time (the
{{activity}} in the user profile for once). Since it uses color themes,
there's another soft dependency. Groups? Livetable =>
XWiki.LiveTableResults => Bam! Another implicit dependency.

In the future we should move all documents from enterprise/wiki into
other applications, but let's not oppose improvements because they
merely tighten a wrong dependency.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/