[xwiki-devs] [Idea] Implementing a Log console inside XE

Paul Libbrecht paul at hoplahup.net
Fri Mar 18 09:31:08 UTC 2011

Hello all,

although I cannot judge all of the arguments, having the possibility of a web-display of a log of chosen logging-categories (in the existing logging infrastructure please!) would be something immensely useful.

There are very commonly too-long-running requests and offering a developer or even advanced user display of the request process would really really be useful and safer, you never know if it was a communication failure or a true failure.

I would recommend to make such an "application" be enabled to "start anytime to hook on a category" (without thinking of storing) and to "stop on keyword".

paul