[xwiki-devs] [Design] Message stream privacy and visibility

Fabio Mancinelli fabio.mancinelli at xwiki.com
Mon Mar 21 11:28:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Vincent Massol <vincent at massol.net> wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2011, at 3:54 AM, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> I wrote two design proposals regarding the new message stream
>> functionality (a.k.a. user status).
>>
>> - http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/Design/UserMessagesVisibility specifies
>> what kind of messages (and wiki activity) should be displayed in
>> different contexts, like what should I see in my network tab, what
>> should I see when I visit another user's profile, etc.
>
> Just read that doc. +1 from me.
>
> And +1 to not display user's own messages in the network tab since:
> * it "pollutes" the stream
> * the user's activity is already visible on his profile home page
>
> For me Network should about others not the user itself.

I am +1 with the doc but I don't agree with Vincent about user's own
messages not displayed in the network tab.
The user is part of his network and if you don't display messages from
him in the timeline you might insert holes in question/answer
interactions between the user and somebody in his network.

-Fabio