[xwiki-devs] Question for search the resources in dev mailing list

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) valicac at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 20:18:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

if you want to build the sources from scratch the links Arun mentioned will
help you. If you have any questions you can also address them in our IRC
channel http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/IRC

But for a start, if you just want to play with XWiki and write JS, HTML, CSS
you can use the latest snapshot
http://maven.xwiki.org/snapshots/org/xwiki/enterprise/xwiki-enterprise-jetty-hsqldb/3.0-SNAPSHOT/

just unzip it, launch start_xwiki, go to localhost:8080 and then check out
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/

where you can try to play classes, objects, velocity, js, skin extensions,
etc
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/FAQTutorial
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/SkinExtensionsTutorial

Thanks,