[xwiki-devs] [Discussion] Customize button for the dashboard

Jerome Velociter jerome at xwiki.com
Tue Mar 22 16:43:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Luca Anca <lucaa at xwiki.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got some suggestions that the current way of editing the dashboard
> is not really intuitive (Edit -> Inline Form),

That should be only true for advanced users, and regular users should
just have to press "edit". Otherwise that's inconsistent with the way
"inline" mode means for other pages. Which would be wrong in my
opinion, and edit -> customize would be more suited.

Otherwise, I'm not a big fan of the "customize this dashboard"
message, button. Maybe a gear symbol with "customize this dashboard"
as alt / title would work. But the button should remain very light if
any I think.

Jerome