[xwiki-devs] anonymous user / custom authentication

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Tue Mar 22 18:42:54 UTC 2011

Sergiu, Thanks for the notes back..

Yes I have written my new authentication mechanics and my authenticator
is working .. early 0.1 stages ;-)

Its basically a redo of some of the stuff in
 http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/contrib/sandbox/authenticators/
where mine deals with working with a federated SSO environment. ( Will post a link
back to the src / project once I'm happier with it :) )

So yes it does trump the login/form page and in fact does away with that
entirely.

The reason I'm in pursuit of a way to "trigger" the auth is to create a
public viewable wiki but require authn to be triggered when user browses
to a restricted space/page without seeing the Error

In writing this I think I have just found my answer.. :-) now to test.

Also need to test this with the latest 3x stuff but Im sure it'll work
:-)

------
thanks
  kevin.foote