[xwiki-devs] [GSoC 2011] Self Introduction and Interested Project

Jun Han jun.han37 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:47:46 UTC 2011

Dear Thomas and Fabio,

Thanks a lot for your prompt replies and they helped a lot to understand
the project.

When I took a first thought about how to achieve RESTification, one
thing popped out of my head is to add an abstract communication layer to
XEclipse without touching its logic and user interface implementation.
Considering the fact that XEclipse itself will be under major code
refactoring in the project of "XEclipse editors improvement" as well,
adding an abstract layer will make the two projects work in parallel
without too much conflict.

 From Fabio's email, this abstract communication layer is already
available for XEclipse, but it is not RESTful yet. Therefore, I will
take a deeper look at the source code of XEclipse with two questions in
mind:
1. figure out a way to refactor without affecting the logic and UI layer
of XEclipse
2. provide more support for logic layer, e.g., lazy initialization/retrieval

Best regards
Jun Han