[xwiki-devs] [VOTE] Move to maven 3 as the minimum supported version instead of 2.2.1

Thomas Mortagne thomas.mortagne at xwiki.com
Fri Mar 25 09:54:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:50, Paul Libbrecht <paul at hoplahup.net> wrote:

> Le 25 mars 2011 à 10:39, Vincent Massol a écrit :
>>> Honestly, I have a hard time to keep up with the maven versions...
>>> I was somewhat more active at maven 1 and now maven 3 would be imposed me...
>>
>> Well this is only if you need to build xwiki from sources and honestly installing maven is so easy (takes exactly 1 minute last time I timed it!) that I can't see this as a real blocker :)
>
> Hence the +0.
> Was it Curriki, I had bragged.
>
>> Note that maven3 is much better than the 2 and a lot faster so you'll benefit ;)
>> Thanks for your feedback though.
>
> I feel there's a use in staying at classics such as older maven or older ant. Everyone knows them and you don't have to relearn.
>
> But I am sure Thomas had arguments in favor of Maven3... he did not mention them.

As i said there is first:
"Plus I prefer having a build certified working on 3.0 than 2.2 and I
don't want to build everything twice with both maven versions on our
ci build just for that." (with some corrections ;))

Also same argument as Vincent: maven 3 has better performance and is
the last one and i don't see why we would use an older one

> paul

Thomas Mortagne