[xwiki-devs] GSoc 2011: idea "Auto Completion in Content Editors" (updated)

许凌志(Jamesxu) lingzhixu326 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 12:58:24 UTC 2011

Dear serg and marius,

These days I am focus on two things:
1. Design the auto-suggestion scenarios, and now it have been down as a
draf, because the docs are very long, and with lots of pictures, so I upload
it to the google doc, I invited you to view this doc in the following link:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1dRp-d0Lj9b4Tf9YWEQgaPuDBk3N3Bw0GvP_LrrviCeU,
and I have also sent you the invitation for editing this document.
I also upload pictures envolved in the doc to flicr, the url link is under
each picure, so that you can see the big picture more clearly.

2.I am build the develop environment for wysiwyg editors follow marius'
introduction. and finnally get the compiled war file, but I came across a
problem: where is the entry for it, I tried
"localhost:8080/wysiwyg/gwtrpc.gwtrpc" and also
"localhost:8080/xwe/gwtrpc.gwtrpc", according to the web.xml file under the
war file, but both I got 404 error page, could you give me the right entry
for it?

This is the web.xml file:
<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  xmlns:web="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
  version="2.4">

  <display-name>xwe</display-
name>
  <description>XWiki's WYSIWYG Editor</description>

  <!-- This filter is used to convert the HTML generated by the WYSIWYG
editor to source syntax -->
  <filter>
    <filter-name>ConversionFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.ConversionFilter</filter-class>
  </filter>

  <!-- This filter is used to initialize the XWiki context before processing
a request. -->
  <filter>
    <filter-name>XWikiContextInitializationFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.XWikiContextInitializationFilter</filter-class>
  </filter>

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>ConversionFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>XWikiContextInitializationFilter</filter-name>
    <servlet-name>gwtrpc</servlet-name>
  </filter-mapping>

  <!-- This is the entry point for all component-based XWiki GWT services.
-->
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>gwtrpc</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.XWikiRemoteServiceServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>gwtrpc</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.gwtrpc</url-pattern>