[xwiki-devs] [VOTE] New default color theme for XE3.0

Jerome Velociter jerome at xwiki.com
Sat Mar 26 14:24:21 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu <sergiu at xwiki.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> One thing that was neglected in the preparation of 3.0 is a fresh
> default color theme for this new release cycle.
>
> What I propose is to use by default a theme similar with the current
> xwiki.org themes: dark grey menus and panel headers, and a lively
> colored page header. Besides bringing a fresh look to the default
> wiki, this combination has the advantage of having been used and
> tested on xwiki.org for several months, so there will be no unpleasant
> surprises (like wrong contrasts) coming with this change. Here are two
> themes that follow this pattern, both having a stylish gradient as
> header image:
> - orange:
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/Extension/Soft+Orange+ColorTheme
> - blue: http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/Extension/Soft+Blue+ColorTheme
>
> My +1 goes for using the orange version as default color theme in 3.0.

I'm definitely +1 for a new default color theme for the 3.0 cycle.

I'm afraid the two themes proposed still have two strong colors for
menu background color / panel header background color. I think it will
look odd on a dashboard for example.
I'd like to see something less aggressive in this area, WDYT ?

Otherwise my vote would go for the blue proposition

Jerome