[xwiki-devs] [VOTE] New default color theme for XE3.0

Ludovic Dubost ludovic at xwiki.com
Sat Mar 26 15:53:46 UTC 2011

I'm +1 for a new color theme.
I'm -1 for changing it on each release, because we need to have a bit of
visual identity.

Currently I'm not overwhelmed by any of the proposals.
I think XWiki really needs a nice default "neutral" color theme that is
simple and not aggressive in any way.
It should make people ok with having that as a public web site if they
don't want to work on their own.
It should be simple and use usual colors to please the majority.

Right now the "grey" is too aggressive. Especially for the "Edit" menu
bar. It generates a too big contrasts with the main color.
I'm in general not liking this menu bar more and more. It stands out too
much and in my view would be better as buttons on a white background,
which something making the "edit" button stands out more than the others.

Also the look is too "square" which makes it a bit aggressive too.

If we are going to change something we should go for:

- soft coloring
- make the menu bars integrate better, especially the "edit" one
- more rounding
- a bit of color fading (in the main logo bar)

Ludovic

--
Ludovic Dubost
Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/