[xwiki-devs] [GSoC 2011] Mobile Skin for XWiki Enterprise

Mihai Paun mihaipaun01 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 08:05:32 UTC 2011

Hi!

My name is Mihai Paun, a final year, soon-to-be Bachelor of Science
student at the Faculty of Computer Science – Iasi and I would like to
apply to GSoC 2011. I am interested in the proposed project, “Mobile
Skin for XWiki Enterprise”.

I am also a web developer with ~3 years experience working with a wide
variety of technologies, both server-side and frontend”-side”. My
weapons of choice have been PHP, Ruby on Rails, Velocity & Groovy
(recently, since working on top of XWiki), writing cross-browser
compliant code with HTML & CSS and enhancing the user experience with
jQuery and prototype JS libraries.

Mobile design & development has been the focus of my spare time research
during the last year so I believe I have enough knowledge about the
particularities and pitfalls of mobile web-apps, design constraints,
platform variations and even device fragmentation.

I am both an iOS and Android user, a fanboy of none, but a follower of
good design principles and good usability, interaction and user
experience guidelines.

In few simple words, I have what it takes to build the best possible
mobile web application for the XWiki platform.

Thank you,
Mihai Paun