[xwiki-devs] Integrating multiple Bonita webapps within a single Xwiki instance

Vincent Massol vincent at massol.net
Mon Mar 28 08:54:12 UTC 2011

Hi Eric,

On Mar 28, 2011, at 5:22 AM, Eric Mousset wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am new to Xwiki, although fairly used to the J2EE environment.
> I have searched Xwiki/Bontia/eXo sites and 3rd parties for answers to the
> following questions, without limited success so far. The context is that of
> a single Xwiki instance and multiple Bonita webapps.
>
> 1- Can Xwiki and Bonita integrate without using the eXo platform?
> I guess the answer is Yes; and one of obvious method is to simply integrate
> multiple Bonita webapps within the webapps directory of the Xwiki. Which
> leads me to question 2.

I don't know Bonita but they provide a remote API then it's easy like this indeed (REST, XMLRPC, etc).

I've found this, check REST: http://www.bonitasoft.org/wiki/doku.php

> 2- Assuming that Bonita webapps all contain a common set of libs (starting
> with the Bonita engine itself), is there a way to "factor in" these libs in
> the Xwiki libs (as opposed to have them embedded in every single Bonita
> webapp)?

You mean in order to access the Bonita API in embedded mode rather than remotely (through REST, XMLRPC, etc)?

I'd say yes, I'm sure Bonita can be embedded. You'd just need to check all jar dependencies required by Bonita and check that the versions are compatible with the XWiki JARs (if they share some required jars).