[xwiki-devs] [Proposal] Modify Box Macro

Vincent Massol vincent at massol.net
Mon Mar 28 09:59:33 UTC 2011

Hi devs,

I'd like to modify the Box macro in the following manner:

* Deprecate the "title" parameter. I don't believe it's needed right now (it's put below the image and before the content) since it can simply be put in the content
* Add a new parameter for positioning the image with respect to the content. Possible values would be: top (ie before the content) or left (ie left of the content), possibly some others if we want (right)

WDYT?

PS: Note that one use case I have is to implement http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XE-723 where I'd like the image to be aligned with the text, left to it. I also find it a bit strange to be able to add any wiki content to the title and I don't see the title as necessary. Also right now if you have a title but no content the macro doesn't work (content is mandatory).