[xwiki-devs] [Proposal] Modify Box Macro

Andreas Hahn ahahn at gmx.net
Mon Mar 28 13:20:43 UTC 2011

Am 28.03.2011 14:14, schrieb Vincent Massol:
> IMO we should also deprecate the "cssClass" and "width" box macro parameters.
>
> If the user wants to use a different class or width he can use:
>
> (% class="..." style="width:..." %){{box/}}
>
> or for standalone (before we add a shortcut in the parser, see http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XRENDERING-75):
>
> (% class="..." style="width:..." %)(((
> {{box/}}
> )))

Hi,

my experience is that many macros behave different, when you apply a style:
(% class="..." style="width:..." %)  {{somemacro/}}
As far as i remember its not always enclosed in a <div></div>

It would be nice if all *rendering* macros behave in the same consistent
manner.
Wouldn't it be a better solution if all rendering macros support (at
least) a basic set of common parameters ?
e.g. 4 html core attributes (class, id, style, title):
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_standardattributes.asp
Macro implementation should apply those parameters always to the first
html markup generated.
This would imo make it easier to apply custom styling in a consistent way.

btw, Its often a surprise to me how (% ... %) renders.
You can highlight one individual header:
(% class="highlight" %)
= my highlighted header

but you can't highlight an item in a list of items the same way:
* item
* item
(% class="highlight" %)
* not highlighted - sigh :(