[xwiki-devs] [Proposal] Modify Box Macro

Vincent Massol vincent at massol.net
Mon Mar 28 16:26:45 UTC 2011

On Mar 28, 2011, at 6:01 PM, Andreas Hahn wrote:

> Vincent, could you please clarify ?
> Your response left me in a state of confusion.
>
>> Not exactly.
>>
>> Block parameters for standalone macro is not supported right now, you need to write:
>>
>> (% .... %)(((
>> {{macro/}}
>> )))
>
> Is it true when using this group syntax the macro is supposed to
> *always* enclose its content in a <div> ?

Group Block, ie (((...))) in xwiki syntax 2.x always generates a DIV in the XHTML Renderer indeed.

> If not what is the exact definition of when to enclose it in <div> ?
>
>> If you write
>>
>> (% ... %){{macro/}}
>>
>> then you're creating an inline macro.
>>

> Using this syntax (is inline==standalone ? )

Blocks can be either inline or standalone. Inline is the "opposite" of standalone.

Standalone means content separated from previous or following content by 2 new lines.

>  (which is not yet
> supported if I understand you right )

What is not currently supported is parameters for standalone macros, as in:

content1

{{macro/}}

content2

> I might pass parameters to that macro but which parameters the macro
> supports  depends on the macros programmers decision.
> (there is no common set supported) Right ?

What parameter are you talking about? You can pass both block parameters or macro parameters.

When you pass macro parameters, yes it's up to the macro to decide what to do with it.

Hope it's more clear now.... ;)
-Vincent