[xwiki-devs] [GSoC 2011] Self Introduction and Interested Project XEclipse "RESTification"

Jun Han jun.han37 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 21:09:48 UTC 2011

Dear Eduard Moraru,

Thanks a lot for your clarification.

Today I have installed XWiki Enterprise 3.0 RC1 and XEclipse 1.2.0 RC1.
XWiki URL is localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
XEclipse connection URL is http://localhost:8080/xwiki/xmlrpc/confluence

Now I can play around with Both XWiki and XEclipse.

After looking at the details in the XEclipse RCP application, four
plugins are available:
1. XWiki Eclipse
2. XWiki Eclipse Core Plug-in
3. XWiki Eclipse UI Plug-in
4. XWiki Eclipse XmlRpc Plug-in

Does XEclipse RESTification mean that add an additional plugin, XWiki
Eclipse REST Plug-in, to XEclipse bundle and provide similar function as
the existing XmlRpc one?

When a user creates a new connection to XWiki server, he/she needs to
type in some URL like http://localhost:8080/xwiki/rest/confluence as an
entry point in order to fetch the whole xwiki spaces?

Best regards
Jun Han

>>> Fabio