[xwiki-devs] [POPOSAL] Add some automatic mail notification

Thomas Mortagne thomas.mortagne at xwiki.com
Wed Mar 30 07:27:02 UTC 2011

Hi devs,

I'm thinking since a long time that the wiki really lack some
automatic mail notification and here are some very simple ones that
would improve wiki contributor life I think (I would love to have
theses on xwiki.org for example.):

1) Automatically add a page to your watchlist when you modify it
a) all the time
b) only for major modification (not tagged as minor edit)
c) only when you create a new page

+ Possible to disable it in the profile and you can easily remove the
page from  your watchlist.
+ Disable it for all users needed ?

2) Automatically send you a mail
a) when there is any comment in a page where you have yourself a comment
b) only when someone answer recursively to one of your comments

+ Possible to disable it in your profile
+ Disable it for all user needed ?

Here is my +1 for 1b and 2b as default.

WDYT ?

--