[xwiki-devs] XWiki Enterprise and XWiki Enterprise Manager 3.0 Released

Marius Dumitru Florea mariusdumitru.florea at xwiki.com
Wed Mar 30 13:08:50 UTC 2011

The XWiki development team is pleased to announce the release of XWiki
Enterprise and XWiki Enterprise Manager 3.0.

Go grab them at http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download

This is the first release of the 3.x cycle. Conforming to the general
themes of the 3.x cycle, a lot of features have been polished and
improved, and a few new features have been introduced as well. The
highlights of this release are:

* Twitter-like messaging and networking inside the wiki,
* a new filesystem storage for attachments which allows huge attachments
to be uploaded without requiring a lot of memory or database storage,
* improved dashboard editing,
* better cross-browser support and improved functionality for the
WYSIWYG editor,
* a revamped UI for administration, improved office presentation import
with a new gallery macro,
* live suggestions for the search input,
* a new UI for changing user avatars.

On the developers' front, we've made it easier to reuse the XWiki
rendering engine outside our own codebase, by extracting two new top
level projects:

* XWiki Commons, holding generic modules not tied to the rest of the
platform,
* XWiki Rendering, holding all the XWiki-independent modules of the
rendering engine.

We've setup a Jira dashboard (
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10550 ) to
present the work done for the whole 3.0 release. In summary, 510 issues
have been closed by 14 committers (and other contributors providing
patches), out of which 236 are fixed bugs.

For more information, see the full release notes for XWiki Enterprise
3.0 (
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXWikiEnterprise30
) and XWiki Enterprise Manager 3.0 (
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXEM30 ).