[xwiki-devs] Simple Mobile Skin

Jerome Velociter jerome at winesquare.net
Tue Feb 21 20:44:14 UTC 2012

Some comments :

* Using $context.setLinksQueryString("skin=${xwiki.skin}") is not
really acceptable. It breaks when you have AJAX. The skin could rather
be determined server-side based on the cookie you set.
* There are some ios-specific naming ("iosdisplaypanel, div class="ios", etc.")
* The UA detection could probably be improved
* You have some inline (onclick="blah") and un-namespaced (see
showQuickLinks in header.vm) JS, which are respectively not respecting
web standards and our dev standards
(http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HJavaScriptBestPractices).

More than those implementation details, I wonder if this is the right
approach. Since the differences with colibri are not very big, I
personally would prefer to see them implemented using responsive
design right in colibri.

Jerome

Jérôme Velociter
Winesquare