[xwiki-users] How to import the XAR file greater than 32 MB?

Guillaume Fenollar guillaume.fenollar at xwiki.com
Fri Feb 24 10:11:48 UTC 2012

Hi Mohit,

As Thomas indicated, try to find the parameter "Maximum Upload Size" in
XWiki Preferences. Pay also attention that your DB configuration could
prevent you from uploading such a package. For exemple, with Mysql, you
have to fix the value of max_allowed_packet in my.cnf file. If you want to
upload a package of 35 MB for example, you need the value
max_allowed_packet to be at least "75M".
If it's a huge package, then you should consider the Large Import
Application, (cf Guillaume's link).

2012/2/24 Thomas Mortagne <thomas.mortagne at xwiki.com>

> See
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Attachments#HSizeLimit
> to change the size limit.
>
> Now as Guillaume suggested you might have issues with the standard
> import tool with big xar. If if it does not work you should probably
> use the large xar import.
>
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:38 AM, mohit gupta <motgupta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > When i try to import the XAR file of size 60MB i get below error
> message:-
> >
> > The wiki administrators have set a limit of 32.0Mb for attached files.
> > Please make sure the size of the files you try to attach does not exceed
> > this limit.
> >
> > I am not getting where to increase the size of XAR file to be imported ?
> > dont see any option under xwikipreferences.

> Thomas Mortagne

Guillaume Fenollar
XWiki SysAdmin
Tel : +33 (0)1.83.62.66.15